22 Jul Nurture the Green July 2022: Week 3
Week 3: Taking Care of Your Eyes
You already know your sight is important. Not to mention, your eye health is a key part of your overall health.
That said, your eyes are delicate and need some extra TLC to stay safe.
To keep your eyes safe and healthy, consider the following tips:
- Wear the correct PPE for your eyes: Always wear the right PPE for your job. If you need eye protection for your job, make sure you always wear it.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes: Your hands can have bacteria on them, not to mention dirt and particles from the things you’ve recently touched. When you rub your eyes, you can transfer gunk on your hands into your eyes, which can cause irritation and infection. Avoid rubbing your eyes to keep your eyes safe.
- Wear sunglasses outside: Over time, exposure to sunlight and UV rays can cause your sight to deteriorate and make you more susceptible to cataracts and other vision issues. To prevent UV-related eye issues, wear UV-protected eyeglasses when you are in sunny weather.
- Know your medical history: Some eye diseases are inherited. If eye conditions run in your family, it’s a smart idea to get a vision eye check from a doctor to ensure your eye health.
- Give your eyes a rest: You look at a lot of things all day, so make sure you give your eyes time to rest. Avoid looking at a screen too often in your free time, and make sure you get enough sleep, which provides key downtime needed for your eyes to recover.
- How seriously do you take your eye health?
- Do you always wear your PPE?