22 Jul Nurture the Green August 2022: Week 5
Week 5: Why Being on Time is a Powerful Habit
Being on time is a critical part of your job. When you’re on time, everyone can do their job efficiently and effectively, which lowers stress and makes everyone more productive. But, being on time isn’t easy. To be on time, you have to carefully plan your schedule ahead of time and organize your life so you can stay in control of your time no matter the circumstances.
You probably know that being on time is important for your employment, but being able to be on time is also a powerful habit that will serve you well in every part of your life and your personal life. Here’s how being on time can help you in general:
- Reduces stress: Feeling like you are always running behind can be stressful. It makes you feel like you have to rush to get where you are supposed to be. By being on time, you will feel less stressed and more comfortable knowing you are exactly where you need to be.
- Job security: Showing up on time is a huge part of your success at work. When you perform your job successfully and show up on time, you are making sure that you belong on the team.
- Improves relationships: By making sure you show up on time, you can make sure that everyone in your life knows that you value and respect them and their time. Showing up on time may seem like a small gesture, but it can go a long way when it comes to maintaining a good relationship and earning others’ respect.
- Gets things done more efficiently: From household chores to work events, getting in the habit of showing up on time will help you get things done in a more timely manner.
- How do you think showing up on time can help you in your personal life?
- When was the last time you were late for something? How could you have planned for better time management?
- Do you think people who are good at being on time are more successful in life?