21 Dec Nurture the Green January 2023: Week 2
Three Tips for Always Being on Time
Is making it to work on time sometimes a struggle? Life has a way of throwing the unexpected at us, and that can cause us to run behind schedule.
We get it, but being on time to work could not be more important. When you are running late, that negatively impacts everyone on your team and often negatively impacts other teams around you.
If you’re still trying to get good at being on time, here are a few tips:
- Set Multiple Alarms: Have you ever slept through your alarm? If so, try setting more than one alarm with different sounds so that there is no chance you oversleep or hit snooze too many times. Try keeping your phone away from your bed so that you physically have to get up to turn off your alarms.
- Prepare Ahead of Time: The day before your shift, try setting out all of your gear and prepping ahead so that when morning comes, all you have to do is grab and go. Who doesn’t love waking up feeling super-prepared to start the day?
- Leave Early: Take into account traffic problems or bad weather when planning how early to leave for work. If possible, leave a few minutes early so that, if something comes up along the way (like an accident!), you won’t run late because of it. Plus, being a little early gives you extra time to relax and enjoy some fresh air before starting your shift.
- Problem Solve Why You’re Running Late: If you’re struggling to be on time, ask yourself what is causing you to be late. Make a note of any problems or roadblocks preventing you from getting to work on time and come up with solutions for them.
- Why do you think being on time is so important?
- Do you struggle to show up on time? If so, which of the tips above would help you the most?
- Is being on time one of your strengths? If so, why do you think you’re successful at this skill?