22 Sep Nurture the Green October 2022: Week 4
Week 4: Succeeding Despite the Odds
Many of us have had to deal with difficult circumstances that have made succeeding more difficult. If this is something you’ve dealt with, it can feel like the odds are stacked against you.
Here’s some great news: It is possible to defy the odds and be successful. If you’re dealing with barriers to success, it may be more difficult for you to succeed, but at the end of the day, you can still choose to win. You are in charge of your destiny, and your actions can counteract the factors you’re up against. It will take more hard work, more planning, and more commitment to be successful, but success is possible.
If you’re trying to overcome challenges and defy the odds, here are some things you can do:
- Set realistic goals: Remember that you can’t solve everything all at once. If you’re dealing with a lot of challenges, practice setting just one or two simple goals for yourself. Consider setting one easier short-term goal that will give you a win to help you stay motivated and one bigger, long-term goal that will be more challenging.
- Put in the work: To succeed at your goal in spite of the roadblocks, you’ll need to work hard. Once you have your goals, determine what actions you’ll need to take to make those goals happen.
- Remember it’s okay to feel uncomfortable: When you’re up against difficult factors, working to succeed can feel especially difficult and uncomfortable. Remember that it is okay to feel uncomfortable as long as you are working towards something that matters, like your goals.
- Stay committed: Success is a long process that can only be accomplished by doing the work over an extended period of time. Don’t lose focus or give up. Keep putting in the work and keep problem-solving. Even though you may feel like giving up, stick with your goal and keep working towards it.
- Have you ever overcome a challenge? What did you do that made success possible even though the odds were stacked against you?
- Do you think overcoming challenges can make you stronger long term?
- Do you know anyone who has overcome a major challenge? How do you think they worked towards success?