30 Sep Quarterly Teammate Newsletter – October 2021
Teammate Open Enrollment
Ōnin will be conducting its annual Open Enrollment from Monday, November 1, 2021, through Tuesday, November 30, 2021, for the plan year beginning January 1, 2022. During this time, you have the opportunity to review your benefits selections, make changes, and add or remove your dependent(s). For more information, please contact your local Ōnin branch.
How to enroll, add dependent(s), or make changes to your benefits during Open Enrollment:
- Website: WorxEnroll.com/OninGroup
- Username: your first initial + last name + last 5 of your SSN (Example: tdole12345)
- Password: your first initial + last name + 2019 (example: tdole2019)
- Phone: 833-236-7463
*If you do not call or visit the benefits enrollment website, you will be automatically enrolled in the Teammate Plan for the 2022 plan year.
What is “A Qualifying Life Event”
A qualifying life event is a specific situation that happens in life where the government allows you to make changes to your insurance policy outside of annual Open Enrollment. These events include: marriage, birth or adoption of a child, death, divorce, gaining/losing coverage through a spouse’s employment or turning 26-years-old.
If you experience one of these events, call the Enrollment Assistance line at 833-236-7463 within 30 days of the event.
Do You Have Benefits, Claims or Billing Inquiries?
If you get a bill, want to process a claim, or know if your prescription is going to be covered under the insurance or just need to find a doctor, contact the HealthSmart advocate line at 833-751-1096.
Teammate Life Insurance Beneficiary Designations
Many of us add a beneficiary designation and never think about it again. Circumstances over the years such as marriage or divorce will prompt us to make a change to our beneficiary designations. It’s always good to review your beneficiary designations periodically and make a change if necessary.
To make a change to your beneficiary designation, please contact the call center at 833-236-7463.
Ōnin Now Offers 401(k)
It’s never too early to start thinking about saving for retirement! We are happy to announce that Ōnin now offers 401(k) saving options to Teammates who have been working for 9 months without any more than a 1-month break in service. If you are eligible, you will receive more information by mail; this is a pro-active enrollment. If you want to take advantage of this benefit, you can enroll on the first day of each calendar quarter (Jan. 1st, April 1st, July 1st, Oct.1st). If you have any questions, please contact your local Ōnin branch.
Teammate 401(k) Plan:
- Up to 3% matching
- Payroll deduction
- 2-year vesting period
- Quarterly enrollment (Jan. 1st, April 1st, July 1st, Oct. 1st)
- Pro-active enrollment required
Do you know that most back injuries result from improper lifting? Protect your back by practicing proper lifting techniques.
Follow these tips to avoid compressing the spinal discs or straining your lower back when you are lifting:
- Start in a safe position. Before you lift a heavy object, think through your task.
- Keep a wide base of support. Your feet should be shoulder-width apart, with one foot slightly ahead of the other.
- Squat down. Bend at the hips and knees only. If needed, put one knee to the floor and your other knee in front of you, bent at a right angle (half kneeling).
- Keep good posture. Look straight ahead, and keep your back straight, your chest out, and your shoulders back. This helps keep your upper back straight while having a slight arch in your lower back.
- Lift Slowly. Straighten your hips and knees (not your back). Keep your back straight, and don’t twist as you lift.
- Hold the load as close to your body as possible, at the level of your belly button.
- Use your feet to change direction, taking small steps.
- Lead with your hips as you change direction. Keep your shoulders in line with your hips as you move.
- Set down your load carefully, squatting with the knees and hips only.
Update Your Contact Information
Anytime you have a change in personal or contact information including name, address, phone number etc. please be sure to notify your local Ōnin branch or Ōnin Onsite supervisor as soon as possible. This is especially important if you still receive paper copies of your W2 to your home address or if the insurance company needs to send you any important information.
Harassment in the Workplace
There are a variety of types of harassment that can occur in the workplace. Workplace harassment, whether verbal or physical badgering and based on sex, religion, race, color, creed, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, civil or marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law will not be tolerated. Harassing conduct may include offensive jokes, slurs, name calling, physical assaults or threats, intimidation, ridicule, insults, offensive pictures and more. We take allegations of discrimination and harassment very seriously.
If you believe that you have been subjected to discrimination or harassment by anyone, you should do the following:
- If you feel comfortable, ask the offending person to stop and tell the person that the action is unwelcomed.
- You should immediately bring the matter to the attention of your Ōnin Branch Manager or your Ōnin Onsite Supervisor.
- If you are not satisfied with their response, or you are not comfortable reporting the situation, you may escalate the matter to Ōnin’s People & Culture team 866-581-6646 without fear of retaliation.
- Ōnin will promptly investigate all harassment and discrimination complaints.
- After an investigation, Ōnin will take any necessary actions to remedy the issue.
For more information about Harassment please contact your local Ōnin Branch or talk to your Ōnin Onsite Supervisor.