29 Jun Quarterly Teammate Newsletter – July 2022
A convenient way to get the care you need anytime, anywhere. Immediately connect with US board-certified physicians any time of the day or night at no cost to you! Visitcs can be conducted via computer by visiting www.relymd.com, downloading the free mobile app in all app stores, or calling (855) 879-4332.
When to use RelyMD Teledoc:
- You’re considering the ER or urgent care for a non-emergency medical issue
- Your trusted primary care physician is not available to see you right away
- You or your family are travelling or in need of medical care
- When you need to speak to a trusted professional from the comfort of home
How to make a Healthsmart Account:
- Go to myhealth.healthsmart.com and click the “Create Account” options
- Enter the member ID number (social security number), group number (OS4184), first name, and date of birth
- Create your username and password, and click “Register”
How to print a temporary medical and a dental ID card
Go to myhealth.healthsmart.com. Once logged in, on the home page, click on the Digital ID Card button to print the temporary ID card. ID cards are also available under the Coverage menu option.
Teammate Benefits: A Break in Assignment
If you have a break in assignment with Ōnin, these are the rules the benefits will follow:
- Less Than a 13-Week Break: You will be automatically re-enrolled in the coverage that you previously had. (If waived previously you will stay waived) You may make changes if there is a “Qualifying Life Event” during your “Rehire” such as Marriage/Divorce/Birth of Child/Loss of Coverage etc.
- More Than a 13-Week Break: You will NOT be enrolled in any coverage. However, you may call the call center (833-236-7463) to be enrolled. Once enrolled, your benefits are effective the Monday following 30 days of employment.
Ōperx Discount Program – BP Gas App
Gas prices have been hitting some all-time highs. We have partnered with PerkSpot, our Ōperx host, to add gas discounts. We are excited to announce that Ōperx is now offering the BPme: BP & Amoco Gas Rewards App and is giving $5 in additional rewards on your first purchase.
For more information on how to save money on gas through Ōperx, go to operx.perkspot.com and search BPme to ensure that when you sign-up it is linked to your Ōperx account to give you the additional $5 on your first purchase.
Ōnin invites Teammates and their eligible family members to apply for the Endeavor Scholarship. The application can be found at www.jobs.oningroup.com.
The Endeavor Scholarship can be used to learn a skilled trade, get professional certifications, take college courses, etc.
- Teammates and their immediate family members are eligible.
- The Endeavor Scholarship application is open year-round.
- All applications submitted by 1/31 will be considered for February selection to be announced in March.
- All applications submitted between 2/1 and 6/1 will be considered for June selection to be announced in July.
The Ōnin Group endeavors to Lead the Way in the staffing industry. It is our belief that in order to stand out, we must invest in and, when possible, inspire our Teammates. We created our Endeavor Scholarship Program with the sole intention of positively impacting the lives of our Teammates. Apply today!
Heat safety boils down to three words – Water. Rest. Shade
It’s that time of the year. It is time to hydrate and spread the SPF! While most of us think about water and sunscreen when doing recreational activities, it is important to remember that protecting yourself from the summer heat is also important at work, especially if you spend long periods of time outdoors or in a hot environment indoors.
In order to beat the heat, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has three work reminders to keep workers safe as the temperatures rise- Water. Rest. Shade. Let these three words be your guide if your job involves working in the summer heat.
- Water: Be sure to drink plenty of water when working outside. Dehydration is a primary contributor to heat exhaustion. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends that workers drink 1 cup (8 ounces) of water every 15-20 minutes when working in the heat. In fact, the CDC encourages workers to begin hydrating before their work shift begins so that they don’t have to try and catch up on their water intake during the day.
- Rest: OSHA recommends allowing new or returning workers to gradually increase workloads as they become acclimated to the heat. Employers should also allow workers to take more frequent breaks as they build a tolerance to working in the heat. As the temperature increases, the frequency of breaks should increase as well. NIOSH recommends that workers doing heavy work in a 95-degree environment take a 15-minute break for every 45 minutes of work in these conditions. While it might be tempting to keep working and skip breaks, this is not recommended.
- Shade: Finding shade when working in the heat and sun is another important way to prevent heat-related illnesses. OSHA recommends that workers be provided a cool location where they can take breaks and recover from the heat. In an outdoor setting, this could be a shady area, an air-conditioned vehicle, a nearby building or tent, or an area with fans and misting devices. If a worker works in a hot area indoors, they should be allowed to take breaks in a cool, air-conditioned area away from heat sources.
Following these tips will help keep you safe and productive during the hot summer months!
Compliance, Policy, Misc., Etc. & So On
EAD Extension Extended from 180 days to 540 days
On May 4, 2022, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced a Temporary Final Rule that increases the automatic extension period for employment authorization and employment authorization documents (EAD’s), available to certain EAD renewal applicants, to up to 540 days.
People who were eligible for a 180-day extension of their EAD now have 540 days. This also applies to people whose 180-day extension already ended. If someone has an EAD that was previously or is currently eligible for the 180-day extension, now employers add up to 540 days to the expiration of the EAD.
People will not get new letters so they should still use the I-797s that reference a 180-day extension—those letters are still valid to extend the EAD up to 540 days. If you are unsure if you qualify for the extension contact your local Onin Staffing office.
How to Access Your W2S and Copy of Your Pay Stubs
All you have to do is follow these three easy steps:
- Go to https://www.oningroup.com/teammates-login/ or download the app from the Google Play Store or from the App Store
- Click on your company logo to register and login
- Enter your last name and last four (4) digits of your social security number
- See the left side of the screen to access your paystubs, print your W2S, or to contact your branch
If you have any problems with downloading the Teammatess App, please contact your local branch.
Ōnin promotes diversity & inclusion by being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical or common conditions resulting from pregnancy or childbirth, civil or maritial status, military or veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline, and termination.
If you have any questions, please contact your local branch.