21 Jul Week 1, August 2021 – Nurture the Green
Week 1: How to Create Goals
There are endless ways to spend your time, but as a result, it’s easy to get sidetracked and distracted by things that don’t matter. Goal setting helps you focus on the things that are really important to you. If you want your life to go more one way and less another way, goals will help you keep your life on track. In other words, goals are dreams with a deadline.
Becoming good at setting goals and achieving goals is one of the most powerful skills you can have. Here’s how to get started:
- Determine your purpose and what you want to prioritize. Use your priorities to set your bigger life goals.
- Come up with some little goals that will help you make your bigger life goals happen.
- Make sure your goals are SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time-Bound).
- Write your goals down somewhere, even if it’s as simple as a note in your phone or a sticky note on your refrigerator.
- Make your action plan.
- Stick with your plan, and don’t give up. Feel proud for having the power to reach your goals.
- Goals are all about achieving what you want. What do you want from your career, and what goals do you need to achieve to make that desire come true?
- How do your career goals impact your personal life? How could achieving your career goals help you achieve something you want outside of work?