24 Aug Week 5, September 2021 – Nurture the Green
Week 5: What to Do When You Don’t Feel Motivated
Sometimes, we want to wait until we feel motivated to get started or follow through on something. The problem is, our emotions aren’t very reliable. Everything from the weather to the kind of lunch we had can impact our emotions, which leaves us in a pickle if we are relying on our emotions to get something important done. The fact is, oftentimes, we need to do things when we don’t feel like it.
So, what can you do when you know you should do something, but you just can’t work up that motivated feeling? Don’t rely on your feelings — rely on discipline instead. Unlike feeling motivated, being disciplined is all about doing something consistently regardless of whether you feel like it or not. Discipline is your ability to make yourself do something you know should be done.
Here are some great things about discipline:
- Discipline allows us to do things that will help us get ahead in life, like sticking to a healthy lifestyle, saving money to become financially sound, or showing up for the job you want to hang onto.
- Discipline allows us to accomplish things most other people never can. It is a way to rise to the top in life.
- The more disciplined you become, the easier life becomes.
- Discipline allows us to choose wisely between what you want now and what you want the most.
- Discipline requires you to commit to doing what you need to do even when you don’t want to do it
- Would you describe yourself as a disciplined person? Why or why not?
- What is one thing being more disciplined would help you accomplish?
- In your opinion, why is discipline important at work?
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.