24 Nov Week 3, December 2021 – Nurture the Green
Week 3: Words of Wisdom to Keep You Motivated
Hard work, dedication and persistence — we know these are the qualities it takes to get ahead in life, and we know we have to practice these things each day. Still, it’s easy to lose track of the big picture and forget how our small steps help us make the big picture happen over time.
We all live in the moment, so sometimes understanding the long-term perspective of sticking to our goals isn’t easy — which is why it can be good to hear some words of wisdom from incredible people throughout history.
Here are a few of our favorite quotes about the power of hard work and staying on the path to success:
- “The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.” – Thomas A. Edison
- “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
- “The will to persevere is often the difference between failure and success.” – David Sarnoff
- “I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has had to overcome while trying to succeed.” – Booker T. Washington
- “If your dream is a big dream, and if you want your life to work on the high level that you say you do, there’s no way around doing the work it takes to get you there.” – Joyce Chapman
- “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” – Harriet Tubman
Getting where you want to go isn’t easy, but the course is straightforward. Keep working hard, keep taking the right steps forward, and keep your goal in mind!
- Do you have a favorite quote or saying that keeps you feeling inspired?
- Is there a song, picture or mental image that makes you feel motivated? Think about ways you can keep these reminders fresh on your mind. For instance, consider posting a motivational quote or picture somewhere you frequent, like your mirror or refrigerator.