17 Sep Week 3, February 2022 – Nurture the Green
Posted at 11:01h in Nurture the Green Movement 0 Comments
Week 3: How to create good habits
You are the sum of your habits — the things you decide to do (or not do) every day. Building good habits for yourself will help you build a good life for yourself, make succeeding at your goals easier, and allow you to be the person you want to be. Good habits will help you do everything from getting to work on time to enjoying your free time more to helping your mental health. So, how do you build good habits and get rid of some not-so-great habits you have?
Here’s how habits work:
- Almost half of the actions you perform each day are habits.
- Habits break down into three steps: 1) Cue, 2) Routine, 3) Reward.
- When a habit begins, the brain stops fully participating in decision-making and goes into “auto-pilot” mode. When you build good habits, you can do things that are good for you without even thinking about it.
- By creating good habits, you free up mental energy that can be used to focus on other actions and problems in your day.
- Your brain can’t tell the difference between bad and good habits. You have to take control of your habits if you want to change or stay on track.
- Do you have a bad habit? Here’s how to change your behavior: 1: Use the same cue that triggers your bad habit 2: Change the routine and perform a different set of actions. 3: Provide yourself with a reward for the new habit.
- What are some good habits you have? How do these habits help you succeed?
- Do you have any bad habits, or habits that aren’t helping you win at life? What kind of habit would you like to replace your bad habit with?
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.