03 May Week 3 – Nurture the Green
Health: Breath to Destress
Have you ever felt stressed at work? It’s no wonder since we all have lots of responsibility at work — in addition to all of the stress from our personal life that we bring into work.
What if there was an easy way to de-stress that you could do almost anywhere at any time? Luckily, there is: Breathing.
This simple breathing exercise below can help you relax, de-stress and concentrate. Here’s how to do it:
- Breathe in through your nose and let your belly fill with air.
- Imagine that the air is filled with a sense of calm and peace. Imagine that peacefulness entering your entire body.
- Now, breathe out through your nose and feel your belly lower.
- Take three more full, deep breaths, and breathe fully into your belly as it rises and falls with your breath.
- Do you have a few one-minute periods in your day to perform a breathing exercise?
- What are your stress triggers at work? What kind of events or situations make you feel anxious or upset?
- Can you use a breathing exercise to stay calm before, during or after a stressful event to stay calm?